The role of Ofcom in a changing media landscape—Chief Executive and Chair give evidence
The Communications and Digital Committee takes evidence from Ofcom Chief Executive Dame Melanie Dawes and Chair Lord Michael Grade in a one-off scrutiny session.
Possible areas for discussion
Possible areas for discussion with the witness panel include:
- the impact of the reshuffle and Ofcom’s relationship with the Department for Science, Innovation and Technology, and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport;
- the Draft Media Bill and implications for regulating public service broadcasters, alongside new duties on smart speakers;
- the work of the BBC on serving all audiences;
- accountability to Parliament around its new Online Safety Bill powers; and
- topical questions on Online News Intermediaries, digital exclusion and mid-contract price rises.