How do we address digital skills shortages in the UK?
The Communications and Digital Committee continues taking evidence as part of its inquiry into digital exclusion and the cost of living. The Committee hears from techUK, FutureDotNow, and other industry experts.
The Committee is looking at the impact of digital exclusion on individuals and more broadly how digital exclusion affects the economy.
Possible lines of questioning to the first witness panel include:
- How extensive are basic digital skills shortages?
- What is the relationship between basic and advanced digital skills shortages?
- How compelling is the business case for Government intervention to address basic digital skills shortages?
Possible lines of questioning to the second witness panel include:
- Is Government delivering sufficiently joined-up solutions?
- To what extent can local and central government rely on community interventions and small charities?
- Given the increasing number of public and private services moving online, what are the arguments for and against treating digital access like a fourth utility?