Internet providers to be quizzed on digital exclusion and cost of living challenges
The Communications and Digital Committee takes evidence from broadband and mobile data providers, and industry analysts, as it continues its inquiry into digital exclusion and the cost of living.
The Committee is looking at the impact of digital exclusion on individuals and more broadly how digital exclusion risks restricting economic opportunity and growth.
Possible lines of questioning to the first panel include:
- What is your view of using social tariffs as a means to help address digital exclusion?
- What are your views on mid-contract price rises, and do you feel this is appropriate in the context of cost of living challenges?
- What role do altnet providers play in improving digital inclusion?
Possible lines of questioning to the second panel include:
- How well is competition in the UK telecoms market working to give consumers a fair and affordable range of options?
- How important are social tariffs in addressing digital exclusion?
- From a commercial perspective, where does responsibility lie for addressing digital exclusion?