Built Environment Committee hears evidence on new infrastructure inquiry
On Tuesday 29 November 2022, the Built Environment Committee hears evidence from Richard Threlfall, KPMG International’s Global Head of Infrastructure, Government and Healthcare, as part of its new short inquiry on infrastructure policymaking and implementation in central government.
Topics likely to be covered:
- How the Government defines infrastructure
- The working relationship between the National Infrastructure Commission,Infrastructure and Projects Authority, HM Treasury, and the Cabinet Office
- How decisions are made on the need for infrastructure development and the valuefor money of different projects
- Whether the National Infrastructure Commission lack of independence has made a difference
- The effectiveness of central government’s supervision of infrastructure projectimplementation