MPs conduct review performance of the Independent Commission for Aid Impact
9 September 2021
The International Development Committee reviews the performance of the watchdog which monitors UK foreign aid programmes, the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI).
- Watch Parliament TV: ICAI’s performance 2020-21 and Follow-up Review of 2019-2020 reports
- Inquiry: ICAI’s performance 2020-21 and Follow-up Review of 2019-2020 reports
- International Development Committee
Tuesday 14 September 2021
- Please note there is currently no physical access to Committee sessions for members of the public due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Dr Tamsyn Barton, Chief Commissioner, ICAI
- Ekpe Attah, Head of the ICAI Secretariat
Purpose of the Session
ICAI was launched in 2011. It is classified as an ‘independent non-departmental public body’ and is funded by the FCDO.
The Committee will look back at ICAI’s performance over 2020-21, as set out in its annual report published in July 2021. The MPs will also consider how cuts to the UK aid budget and the merger of the Department for International Development and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (the merger thereby forming the ‘FCDO’) will impact on ICAI’s future work.