Minister of State examined on Sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector
12 November 2020
The International Development Committee will be holding its final evidence session as part of the Sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector: next steps inquiry, hearing from Minister James Cleverly.
- Watch Parliament TV: Sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector: next steps
- Inquiry: Sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector: next steps
- International Development Committee
Tuesday 17 November 2020 (Virtual)
- Please note there is no physical access to Parliament
- Session will be conducted with remote participation by witnesses and Committee members
- Rt Hon James Cleverly MP, Minister of State for the Middle East and North Africa at Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
- Peter Taylor, Head, Safeguarding Unit at Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
Purpose of the Session
Minister Cleverly has policy responsibility for safeguarding in the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). His appearance will offer members the opportunity to ask how the merged department will build on the work undertaken by DFID since 2018 to tackle sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector and show leadership on this issue across all aid spending departments. Minister Cleverly will be joined by the Head of the Safeguarding Unit in the FCDO.
Image: Parliamentary Copyright