ICAI performance in 2019-20 and its future role examined
7 September 2020
The International Development Committee will consider the Independent Commission for Aid Impact’s (ICAI) performance between 2019 and 2020.
- Watch Parliament TV: ICAI performance in 2019-20 and its future role
- International Development Committee
Tuesday 8 September 2020 (Virtual)
- Please note there is no physical access to Parliament
- Session will be conducted with remote participation by witnesses and Committee members
- Dr Tamsyn Barton, Chief Commissioner, ICAI
- Ekpe Attah, Head of Secretariat, ICAI
Purpose of the Session
The International Development Committee will consider the Independent Commission for Aid Impact’s (ICAI) performance between 2019 and 2020. The evidence session will also discuss the key questions that the Government’s recently announced review of the Commission should be addressing, and the intended reforms. The newly merged Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) announced the review of ICAI on 29 August.
The Committee will also be exploring ICAI’s future relationship with Parliament following the establishment of the FCDO and possible changes to parliamentary scrutiny of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) budget.