Resilience to and prevention of humanitarian crises examined
10 March 2016
The International Development Committee hears from Mukesh Kapila CBE and non-governmental organisations on the global humanitarian system.
- Watch Parliament TV: The global humanitarian system
- Inquiry: The global humanitarian system
- International Development Committee
Tuesday 15 March 2016, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- George Graham, Head of Conflict and Humanitarian Policy and Advocacy, Save the Children
- Ann Foley, Head of Disaster Risk Management, Plan UK
- Mike Noyes, Head of Humanitarian Response, ActionAid UK
- Professor Mukesh Kapila CBE, Professor of Global Health and Humanitarian Affairs, University of Manchester
Purpose of the Session
This session considers the perspectives of NGOs on the agenda for the World Humanitarian Summit. Topics for discussion include resilience to and prevention of crises, reform of the humanitarian system and the need for evidence-based action in responding to crises.
The session also explore the views of Mukesh Kapila CBE, who has extensive experience in the policy and practice of international development and humanitarian affairs in both the UK Government and the United Nations system.
Image: Sgt Neil Bryden-RAF
Video: Parliamentary copyright