Solutions to combat sexual exploitation in the aid sector examined
8 May 2018
The International Development Committee takes evidence from private contractors and NGO's on sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector.
- Watch Parliament TV: Sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector
- Inquiry: Sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector
- International Development Committee
Tuesday 8 May 2018, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Caroline Nursey, Chair of the Board, BOND
- Judith Greenwood, Executive Director, CHS Alliance
- Sarah Maguire, Director of Technical Services, Governance, Development Alternatives Incorporated
- Sinead Magill, Regional Director for Europe, Middle East and Africa, Palladium
Purpose of the Session
This session continues the Committee's inquiry into sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector, covering NGO and private sector partners in the delivery of UK aid. The Committee will question representative bodies in the charity sector, as well as representatives of some of DFID's private sector contractors.
This session will cover possible solutions to issues of sexual exploitation and abuse in the delivery of aid within procurement, management and due diligence processes, as well as specific safeguarding programs, within both sectors.