MPs question Secretary of State on Sustainable Development Goals
15 September 2015
The International Development Committee questions the Secretary of State for International Development in their second evidence session for the inquiry into the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Watch Parliament TV: Sustainable Development Goals
- Inquiry: Sustainable Development Goals
- International Development Committee
Tuesday 15 September, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
Department for International Development
- Rt Hon Justine Greening MP, Secretary of State for International Development
- David Hallam, UK Envoy on Post-2015 Goals
- Anna Wechsberg, Director, Strategy
Purpose of the session
This session enables members to explore the Secretary of State's approach to the SDGs, including what she hopes to achieve at the UN Summit in New York and whether she believes the breadth and depth of the proposed goals is a good framework.
It also looks towards implementation of the SDGs, how the universal agenda of the SDGs is addressed across Government and within DFID and what change is needed to achieve success on the SDGs.
Video: Parliamentary copyright