Independent Commission for Aid Impact Sub-Committee members re-selected
17 July 2015
On Wednesday 27 January 2016 the House of Commons International Development Committee agreed that Fiona Bruce MP will Chair the Sub-Committee on the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI).
ICAI is an independent body responsible for the scrutiny of UK aid. ICAI focuses on maximising the impact and effectiveness of the UK aid budget for intended beneficiaries and the delivery of value for money for the UK taxpayer. ICAI reports to Parliament through the International Development Committee.
The Sub-Committee will operate by: Scrutinising ICAI's forward programme and reports holding evidence sessions to assess DFID's responses to ICAI's reports, holding meetings with ICAI on scoping rationales and final reports for each inquiry.
Fiona Bruce MP, Chair of the Sub-Committee commented:
"I am very pleased to have been appointed as Chair of the Sub-Committee on the Work of ICAI.
ICAI's work is a very important tool for holding DFID to account and ensuring UK aid represents good value for money for the UK taxpayer.
The Sub-Committee plays an important role in this process in ensuring that both ICAI and DFID operate effectively."
The Sub-Committee consists of seven appointed Members from the International Development Committee, the following will be on the Sub-Committee:
- Fiona Bruce Chair, Conservative, Congleton
- Dr Lisa Cameron, Scottish National Party, East Kilbride, Strathaven and Lesmahagow
- Stephen Doughty, Labour (Co-op), Cardiff South and Penarth
- Mr Nigel Evans, Conservative, Ribble Valley
- Helen Grant, Conservative, Maidstone and The Weald
- Jeremy Lefroy, Conservative, Stafford
- Stephen Twigg, Labour (Co-op), Liverpool, West Derby
Image: Independent Commission for Aid Impact