Secretary of State questioned on Sustainable Development Goals
11 January 2016
The International Development Committee questions Justine Greening MP, the Secretary of State for International Development, in its final evidence session for the inquiry into the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Watch Parliament TV: Sustainable Development Goals
- Inquiry: Sustainable Development Goals
- International Development Committee
Monday 11 January 2016, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Justine Greening MP, Secretary of State for International Development
- Gwen Hines, Director, International Relations
- Neil Jackson, Chief Statistician
Purpose of the Session
The Secretary of State for International Development, Justine Greening, reports on the UK Government's progress towards implementation of the Goals. The Committee explores how well the UK's commitment to the SDGs fits with the new UK Aid Strategy, and what legislative and policy changes we are likely to see at DFID now that the Goals have been formally launched.
Video: Parliamentary copyright