Development stakeholders questioned on Sustainable Development Goals
26 November 2015
International Development Committee takes evidence from development stakeholders on how best to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Watch Parliament TV: Sustainable Development Goals
- Inquiry: Sustainable Development Goals
- International Development Committee
Tuesday 1 December, Room 16, Palace of Westminster
- Ben Jackson, Chief Executive, Bond
- Nik Sekhran, Chief of Profession, Sustainable Development, United Nations Development Programme
- Dr Andrew Norton, Director, International Institute for Environment and Development
- Jessica Woodroffe, Director, Gender and Development Network
- Thomas Wheeler, Conflict and Security Advisor, Saferworld
Purpose of the Session
In the first panel, the Committee takes oral evidence from UNDP and Bond, exploring how DFID can work effectively in partnership with civil society organisations and multilateral agencies to achieve the SDGs.
In the second panel, the Committee takes evidence from the Gender and Development Network, IIED and Saferworld, investigating how DFID might tackle cross-cutting themes to implement the Goals, with a specific focus on women and girls, climate change and work with fragile states.
Video: Parliamentary copyright