UK aid for combating climate change examined
16 October 2018
International Development Committee takes evidence from key policy institutes on UK aid for combating climate change.
- Watch Parliament TV: UK aid for combating climate change
- Inquiry: UK aid for combating climate change
- International Development Committee
Tuesday 16 October 2018, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Clare Shakya, Climate Change Group Director, International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- Dr Rebecca Nadin, Head of Risk and Resilience, Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
- Nick Mabey, Chief Executive, E3G
Purpose of the Session
In the first oral evidence session of its inquiry into UK aid for combating climate change, the International Development Committee will take evidence from key policy institutes on the issue of how UK aid can most effectively tackle the causes and impacts of climate change.
A week on from the publication of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Special Report on 1.5 Degrees, which set out the scale of the challenge, the Committee will explore the UK's approach to tackling climate change through ODA spending and the UK's international leadership on climate action.
Image: Russell Watkins/DFID