UK aid response to global health threats examined
22 March 2018
Sub-Committee hears from the Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI), Department for International Development (DFID) and the Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC) on the UK aid response to global health threats.
Wednesday 28 March 2018, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Richard Gledhill, Lead Commissioner, ICAI
- Jonathan France, Team Leader, ICAI
- Anna Wechsberg, Policy Director, DFID
- Nick Adkin, Deputy Director, Global Health Security, DHSC
Purpose of the Session
With recent high-profile health incidents such as Ebola, Zika and SARS, infectious disease outbreaks and drug resistance are of increasing concern to the international community.
This session considers ICAI's Review into the UK aid response to global health threats, considering whether UK Government policy in this area is relevant, effective and incorporates learning.
- About Parliament: Select committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees
- ICAI learning review: UK aid response to global health threats