Permanent Secretary Matthew Rycroft questioned on Home Office performance
20 June 2022
The Home Affairs Committee examines Home Office spending and performance from their most recent Annual Report and Accounts. This includes examining Home Office delivery of asylum and immigration policy such as the agreement with Rwanda and the Ukraine visa schemes, as well as asylum accommodation and the asylum casework backlog.
- Watch Parliament TV: Work of the Home Office
- Inquiry: Work of the Home Office
- Home Affairs Committee
Wednesday 22 June 2022
- Matthew Rycroft CBE, Permanent Secretary, Home Office
- Tricia Hayes CB, Second Permanent Secretary, Home Office
- Dan Hobbs, Director, Asylum, Protection and Enforcement, Home Office
The Committee will also question the Permanent Secretary about progress towards improving the culture of the Home Office and implementing reforms following the Wendy Williams Review. Other topics likely to be investigated are issues surrounding the police recruitment programme, passport office performance and major programme delivery.
Image: Crown copyright