Home Secretary questioned on the work of the department
22 February 2021
Following changes to the Windrush Compensation Scheme in December 2020, the Committee questions the Secretary of State on how effective the reforms have been in improving access, speeding up outcomes and providing proportionate settlements to applicants. The Committee recently launched a new call for evidence on these issues.
- Watch Parliament TV: The work of the Home Secretary
- Inquiry:The work of the Home Secretary
- Home Affairs Committee
Wednesday 24 February, virtual meeting
- Rt Hon Priti Patel MP, Home Secretary
- Matthew Rycroft CBE, Permanent Secretary
- Paul Lincoln OBE, Director General, UK Border Force
The Committee is also likely to question the Home Secretary on issues including domestic abuse, Covid-19 border policy, wider Home Office culture, the Police National Computer and the asylum accommodation system.
Image: Parliamentary copyright