Archbishop of Canterbury gives evidence on migration and asylum
7 June 2016
The Home Affairs Committee holds an evidence session with Archbishop of Canterbury and Migration Watch UK on migration and asylum.
- Watch Parliament TV: The work of the Immigration Directorates (Q1 2016)
- Inquiry: The work of the Immigration Directorates (Q1 2016)
- Home Affairs Committee
Tuesday 7 June 2016, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Justin Welby, The Most Reverend and Right Honourable the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury
- Paul Butler, The Right Reverend the Lord Bishop of Durham
- Lord Green of Deddington, Chairman,
- Mr Alp Mehmet MVO, Vice-Chairman, Migration Watch UK
The Chairman of the Committee, Rt Hon Keith Vaz MP, said:
"The Committee is most grateful to the Archbishop of Canterbury for giving evidence on the migration crisis, after his interventions over the last few months. He has displayed leadership on these issues.
The Committee will also hear evidence from Lord Green and Alp Mehmet from Migration Watch on these issues."