MPs to probe ability of workforce plan to meet challenges facing NHS
7 July 2023
MPs will examine the newly published Long Term Workforce Plan and the extent to which it will address challenges facing the NHS. Professor Stephen Powis, NHS England’s National Medical Director, will face questions in a topical evidence session.
Also before the Committee, the Chief Executive of the General Medical Council and representatives of two Royal Colleges. Former doctor Adam Kay will also give evidence. Among areas to be considered, changes to training, including shortened programmes, measures to improve retention and the greater use of apprenticeships.
Wednesday 12 July in Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster
- Adam Kay, writer and former doctor
- Professor Kamila Hawthorne, Chair, Royal College of General Practitioners
- Charlie Massey, Chief Executive, General Medical Council
- Patricia Marquis, England Director, Royal College of Nursing
- Alex Whitfield, Chief Executive, Hampshire Hospitals Trust
- Professor Stephen Powis, National Medical Director, NHS England
- Navina Evans, Chief Workforce, Training and Education Officer, NHS England