MPs call in Minister and senior health leaders for covid-19 update
25 November 2022
MPs from two Committees follow-up their joint inquiry Coronavirus: lessons learnt with a single session to press for an update on lessons learnt from covid-19, preparedness for potential winter outbreaks and influenza.
- Watch Parliament TV: Coronavirus: lessons learnt
- Inquiry: Coronavirus: lessons learnt
- Health and Social Care Committee
- Science and Technology Committee
Health and Social Care Committee Chair Steve Brine and Science and Technology Committee Chair Greg Clark will chair the hearing. It is expected to explore progress on the science of covid-19; UK vaccine capability and lessons learnt for new variants or pandemics; disease surveillance; social care funding; health inequalities; and Government progress made against the recommendations of the joint inquiry.
Wednesday 30 November in the Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House
- Professor Sir John Bell, Regius Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford
- Dr Dame Jenny Harries OBE, Chief Executive, UK Health Security Agency
- Dr Thomas Waite, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health and Social Care
At 10.30am (approx.)
- Neil O'Brien MP, Minister for Primary Care and Public Health
- Clara Swinson, Director General for Global Health, Department of Health and Social Care
- Michelle Dyson, Director General for Adult Social Care, Department of Health and Social Care
At 11.15am (approx.)
- Dame Kate Bingham, Chair, Vaccine Taskforce (May–December 2020)
The Health and Social Care Committee and the Science and Technology Committee joined forces in October 2020 to launch an inquiry to scrutinise the Government Response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Coronavirus: lessons learned to date Report published September 2021
- Government Response published June 2022.
- About Parliament: Select committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees