Committee to examine Government plans to reform NHS health and care
26 February 2021
MPs will hold the first session of an inquiry launched yesterday to examine Government proposals to reform the NHS, health and care as outlined in the White Paper, Integration and Innovation: working together to improve health and social care for all.
- Watch Parliament TV: Department's White Paper on health and social care
- Inquiry: Department's White Paper on health and social care
- Health and Social Care Committee
Tuesday 2 March - remote participation by witnesses and Committee members
- Richard Murray, Chief Executive, The King's Fund
- Hugh Alderwick, Head of Policy, The Health Foundation
- Nigel Edwards, Chief Executive, The Nuffield Trust
- Danny Mortimer, Chief Executive, NHS Confederation
- Sarah Pickup, Deputy Chief Executive, Local Government Association
- Sir Robert Francis, Chair, Healthwatch England
- Chris Hopson, Chief Executive, NHS Providers
Purpose of the session
The first session will consider plans for integrated care systems, reform of social care, workforce numbers and the extension of the powers of the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care. NHS Providers’ Chris Hopson and Sir Robert Francis, Chair of Healthwatch England, will give evidence along with think-tanks and other stakeholder organisations.
A further two evidence sessions are planned.