Foreign Affairs Cttee question Ministers for Afghanistan inquiry
24 January 2022
At 14.30, on 25 January, the Foreign Affairs Committee will hold the fifth session in its Afghanistan inquiry, hearing from the Ministry of Defence and the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
- Parliament TV: Watch the session live
- Inquiry: Government policy on Afghanistan
- Foreign Affairs Committee
Purpose of the session
The session will focus on the fall of Kabul, the evacuation, and the UK’s future relationship with Afghanistan and the wider region.
Ben Wallace, Secretary of State for Defence, and Admiral Sir Ben Key, First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval, will appear in the first panel, followed by Lord Ahmad, Minister for South Asia, and Nigel Casey, Director for Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran Directorate, of the FCDO.
Tuesday 25 January:
- Rt Hon Ben Wallace, Defence Secretary
- Admiral Sir Ben Key, First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff
- Lord Ahmad, Minister for South Asia, FCDO
- Nigel Casey, Director for Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran Directorate, FCDO
Image: Parliamentary Copyright