Impact of Covid-19 on the Integrated Review and UK foreign policy examined
15 May 2020
The Foreign Affairs Committee hears from a former United States Ambassador to the United Nations, and former UK Foreign Secretary, on the Impact of Covid-19 on the Integrated Review and UK foreign policy.
- Watch Parliament tv: The FCO and the Integrated Review
- Inquiry: The FCO and the Integrated Review
- Foreign Affairs Committee
Tuesday 19 May - remote participation by witnesses and Committee members
- Samantha Power, former United States Ambassador to the United Nations, 2013-2017
At 3.40pm (approx.)
- Lord Hague of Richmond, former UK Foreign Secretary, 2010-2014
Purpose of the session
This session—related to the Committee's inquiry into the Integrated Review—considers how the Covid-19 crisis has changed the world in which the UK is seeking to define a new role for itself. It covers the impact on multilateral institutions, the question of their reform, as well as the issue of state-sponsored disinformation. This session also examines other issues that are fundamental to the Review, including the UK-US relationship and the FCO's capabilities versus its ambitions.