FAC holds session on FCDO’s role strengthening and learning from the WHO post-Covid
11 September 2020
The Foreign Affairs Committee will hold an evidence session on the WHO’s handling of the Covid-19 pandemic, as well as examining its strengths, vulnerabilities to abuse and misuse, and establishing what the UK is doing and can do to support the organisation. This session will form part of the Committee’s inquiry into multilateral organisations.
- Watch Parliament TV: The UK’s role in strengthening multilateral organisations
- Inquiry: The UK’s role in strengthening multilateral organisations
- Foreign Affairs Committee
The Committee will hear from a panel of two witnesses: Dr David Nabarro and Professor Ilona Kickbusch. Dr David Nabarro is the Co-Director and Chair of Global Health at Imperial’s Institute of Global Health Innovation, having previously been appointed Executive Director at the WHO in 1999 and working as a Special Representative of the WHO Director-General for Health Action in Crises (2002-2005). Professor Ilona Kickbusch is an independent global health consultant, an associate fellow on the International Health Programme at Chatham House and adjunct professor at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva and director of the Global Health Programme.
Tuesday 15 September - remote participation by witnesses and Commitee members
- Dr David Nabarro, Co-Director and Chair of Global Health at Imperial’s Institute of Global Health Innovation
- Professor Ilona Kickbusch, Independent Global Health Consultant
Image: Parliamentary copyright