Academics questioned on responsibility to protect and humanitarian intervention
1 May 2018
The Foreign Affairs Committee holds an evidence session on the responsibility to protect and humanitarian intervention.
- Watch Parliament TV: Responsibility to protect and humanitarian intervention
- Inquiry: Responsibility to protect and humanitarian intervention
- Foreign Affairs Committee
This session will consider the legal basis for states to intervene militarily in other states for humanitarian purposes.
Tuesday 1 May 2018, Committee Room 16
- Dr Leslie Vinjamuri, Director, Centre on Conflict, Rights and Justice & Associate Professor of International Relations, SOAS University of London
- Dr Kate Ferguson, Director of Research and Policy, Protection Approaches
- Professor Marc Weller, Professor of International Law and International Constitutional Studies, University of Cambridge