The future operations of BBC monitoring explored
7 October 2016
The Foreign Affairs Committee is holding a one-off evidence session examining the potential consequences of the proposals for restructuring BBC monitoring.
- Watch Parliament TV: The future operations of BBC monitoring
- Inquiry: The future operations of BBC monitoring
- Foreign Affairs Committee
Tuesday 11 October 2016, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Michelle Stanistreet, General Secretary, National Union of Journalists
- Francesca Unsworth, Director, BBC World Service Group and Deputy Director of News and Current Affairs, BBC
- Sara Beck, Director, BBC Monitoring
- Robert Deane, Head of Knowledge Management Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Purpose of session
This is a one-off oral evidence session to examine the likely consequences of the BBC's proposals for restructuring BBC Monitoring, the arm of the BBC which monitors media sources across the world and supplies material to other units of the BBC and to Government departments and agencies. It is expected that members of the Defence Committee will also take part in the session.