Evidence session on Kurdish aspirations and the interests of the UK
21 November 2017
The Foreign Affairs Committee are to hold the first evidence session on Kurdish Aspirations and the Interests of the UK.
- Watch Parliament TV: Oral evidence session on Kurdish aspirations and the interests of the UK
- Inquiry: Kurdish aspirations and the interests of the UK
- Foreign Affairs Committee
This inquiry asks the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to account for exactly which Kurdish groups the UK has supported in the war to defeat Daesh and why, what support has been given, and how it might affect the situation on the ground.
Tuesday 21 November 2017, The Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Dr Nazand Begikhani, Senior Research Fellow, Bristol University, and women's rights advocate
- Professor Mohammed Ihsan, Senior Research Fellow, King's College London, and a former Minister of the Kurdistan Regional Government
- Dr Zeynep Kaya, Research Fellow, the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Guney Yildiz, Visiting Fellow, European Council on Foreign Relations
Image: iStock photo