Tobias Ellwood gives evidence on political Islam
14 September 2016
The Foreign Affairs Committee is taking evidence from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on political Islam.
Wednesday 14 September 2016, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Tobias Ellwood MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Neil Crompton, Director, Middle East & North Africa, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Purpose of session
This final evidence session of the inquiry will allow the Committee to hear the position of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, and to weigh the arguments heard in the evidence so far against the perspective of the FCO.
Among other topics, this session will address:
- The performance in power of political-Islamist parties in the Middle East & North Africa
- The attitudes of political Islamists towards violence and democracy
- The Muslim Brotherhood Review and its Main Findings
Image: Parliamentary copyright