Ministers face questioning on how to reduce emissions associated with construction
14 January 2022
The Environmental Audit Committee is to hold its fourth and final evidence session as part of its inquiry, Sustainability of the Built Environment.
- Watch Parliament TV: Sustainability of the built environment
- Inquiry: Sustainability of the built environment
- Environmental Audit Committee
During this evidence session, members will explore the cost and value associated with sustainable construction with the building and construction industry. The Committee will then put its findings collected from across the inquiry to Government ministers, scrutinising current policies regarding whole-life carbon, retrofit and material use.
Wednesday 19 January
- Adam Mactavish – Director, Currie & Brown
- Alexia Laird – Sustainability Manager, Landsec
- Eddie Hughes MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for Rough Sleeping and Housing), Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC)
- Lord Callanan, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for Business, Energy and Corporate Responsibility), Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Catherine Adams, Director of Net Zero and Greener Buildings, DLUHC
- Damitha Adikaari, Director for Climate Science and Energy Innovation, BEIS
Image: Parliamentary copyright
*PLEASE NOTE: Because of the business scheduled in the House of Commons on Wednesday 19 January, the precise timings of the evidence session are subject to change.