Coffee Cup waste examined with industry insiders and academics
10 October 2017
Environmental Audit Committee holds its first oral evidence session for its inquiry on disposable packaging. This session focuses exclusively on the issue of coffee cup waste.
- Watch Parliament TV: Disposable Packaging: Coffee Cups and Plastic Bottles
- Inquiry: Disposable Packaging: Coffee Cups and Plastic Bottles
- Environmental Audit Committee
Tuesday 10 October, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Wouter Poortinga, Professor of Environmental Psychology, Cardiff University
- Richard McIlwain, Deputy Chief Executive, Keep Britain Tidy
- Gavin Ellis, Co-founder, Hubbub
- Oliver Rosevear, Energy and Environment Manager, Costa Coffee UK
- Martin Kersh, Executive Director, Foodservice Packaging Association
- Neil Whittall, Chair, Paper Cup Recovery and Recycling Group
- Martin Myerscough, Founder and CEO, Frugalpac
Focus of the session
The session begins with a panel discussion of the challenges around recycling coffee cups, such as limited recycling infrastructure and consumer confusion, and the potential solutions being piloted on a local scale.
The following panel is an opportunity to hear the perspective of those working in the coffee industry, in particular their views on a range of solutions to coffee cup waste.
Image: Parliamentary copyright