Pollution in the marine environment examined
7 June 2016
The Environmental Audit Committee questions Trade Associations and an academic in the third session for its environmental impact of microplastics inquiry.
- Watch Parliament TV: Environmental impact of microplastics
- Inquiry: environmental impact of microplastics
- Environmental Audit Committee
Wednesday 8 June 2016, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- John Chave, Director General, Cosmetics Europe
- Dr Chris Flower, Director General, The Cosmetics, Toiletry and Perfumery Association
- Professor Richard Thompson, Professor of Marine Biology, Plymouth University
Purpose of the session
The session will cover key microbead issues including the public awareness, voluntary commitments to phase-out and consequences to microplastic pollution in the marine environment. It will also cover the scale and problem of microplastic pollution.
Video: Parliamentary copyright