Understanding the Assessment of EU/UK Environmental Policy
26 November 2015
The Environmental Audit Committee hears from academics in a scene-setting evidence session covering different academic specialisms and knowledge surrounding the inquiry into environmental policy.
- Watch Parliament TV: Assessment of EU/UK environmental policy
- Inquiry: Assessment of EU/UK environmental policy
- Environmental Audit Committee
Wednesday 2 December 2015, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
- Professor Maria Lee, Professor of EU Environmental Law, University College London (UCL)
- Dr Sebastian Oberthuer, Professor of Environment and Sustainable Development, Institute for European Studies (IES) and
- Nigel Haigh, Honorary Fellow, Institute of European Environmental Policy (IEEP)
Purpose of the session
This inquiry is to inform the debate ahead of the referendum on EU membership that the Government has committed to holding by the end of 2017, following a renegotiation of the UK's terms of membership.