China's restrictions on foreign waste imports explored
30 January 2018
The Environmental Audit Committee examines the scale and impact of the ban, including its potential to result in more landfill and incineration. The session will also explore what the Government could do to ensure waste is managed sustainably.
- Watch Parliament TV: Chinese Waste Import Ban
- Inquiry: Chinese Waste Import Ban
- Environmental Audit Committee
Tuesday 30 January, Room 16, Palace of Westminster
- Ray Georgeson, Chief Executive, The Resource Association
- Craig Curtis, Director, The Recycling Association
- Pat Jennings, Head of Policy, Chartered Institute of Wastes Management
- Lee Marshall, Chief Executive, Local Authority Recycling Advisory Committee
- Jacob Hayler, Executive Director, Environmental Services Association.
Witnesses represent organisations who will be directly affected by the ban, including companies and local authorities responsible for collecting, sorting and exporting recyclable material.