Minister questioned on Chinese waste import ban
31 January 2018
The Environmental Audit Committee questions the Minister and officials for the Committee's inquiry into China's restrictions on the import of foreign waste.
- Watch Parliament TV: Chinese waste import ban
- Inquiry: Chinese waste import ban
- Environmental Audit Committee
Wednesday 31 January 2018, Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Thérèse Coffey MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Chris Preston, Head of Waste and Recycling, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Marie Fallon, Director, Regulated Industry (Environment Agency)
Purpose of the session
The discussion will build upon what the Committee heard from industry stakeholders the previous day. The session will involve discussion of the Government's awareness and preparations for the ban, as well as what the Government could do to ensure waste is managed sustainably.