Future of the Green Investment Bank oral evidence begins
23 October 2015
This is the first evidence session in the Committee's inquiry into the future of the Green Investment Bank.
- Watch Parliament TV: Future of the Green Investment Bank
- Inquiry: Future of the Green Investment Bank
- Environmental Audit Committee
Wednesday 28 October in Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
At 2.15 pm approx
- Shaun Kingsbury, Chief Executive Officer, and Euan McVicar, General Counsel, Green Investment Bank
At 3.15 pm
- Richard Howard, Head of Environment and Energy, Policy Exchange
- Ingrid Holmes, Director, E3G
Aim of the session
The hearing follows the Government's announcement of its intention to part-privatise the Bank, and the recent announcement that the public sector controls on the Bank will be removed from the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013. The Committee will hear evidence from the Green Investment Bank, E3G, and Policy Exchange on the arguments for and against the part-privatisation, and the likely consequences for the Bank and the UK low-carbon economy more broadly.