Minister questioned on Government’s Seafood Fund
24 June 2022
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee examines the government’s £100m programme for the seafood sector.
- Watch Parliament TV: UK Seafood Fund
- Inquiry: UK Seafood Fund
- Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
Tuesday, 28 June 2022, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Helen McLachlan, Head of Marine Policy, Royal Society for the Protection of Birds Scotland
- Chloe North, Manager, Western Fish Producers’ Organisation
- Dr Bryce Stewart, Senior Lecturer, Environment and Geography Department, University of York
- Victoria Prentis MP, Minister for Farming, Fisheries and Food, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Sarah Adcock, Deputy Director for Evidence, Funding & Ocean Sustainability Strategy, Defra
The UK Seafood Fund replaces European Union support in the fisheries sector.
The first panel of witnesses at this evidence session will focus on questions relating to the how the Fund will support the environmental sustainability of the fishing industry.
The second panel will allow the Committee to question the Minister for Farming, Fisheries and Food on the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs’ response to the evidence it has taken about the Fund.
Members of the public and the press can attend the session or watch it on parliamentlive.tv