MPs question government on annual fishing talks outcome
28 January 2022
The Minister of State for Farming, Fisheries and Food, Victoria Prentis MP, will be questioned on the outcome of the annual fisheries negotiations between the UK and its international partners, including the EU and Norway, at an evidence session of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee at 2.00pm on Wednesday, 2 February 2022.
- Parliament TV: Watch the session live
- Inquiry: Fisheries negotiation outcome
- Environmental, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
The purpose of the session
The evidence session will take place in Committee Room 6 of the Houses of Parliament and can also be watched on parliamentlive.tv
The Minister is expected to make a short presentation at the start of the meeting about how the negotiations will impact the UK fishing industry for 2022. She may then be questioned about the overall outcome of the negotiations, any winners or losers in the talks, and specific fish quotas in various waters around the UK. The Minister will be accompanied by senior officials.
Wednesday 2 February 2022
- Victoria Prentis MP, Minister of State for Farming, Fisheries and Food at the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- Mike Dowell, DEFRA Deputy Director for EU Fisheries Negotiations and Policy
- Colin Faulkner, DEFRA Deputy Director, External Fisheries Negotiations & Trade Policy