Evidence Session: Tree Planting and Woodlands
10 June 2021
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee is to hold an evidence session as part of its Tree Planting and Woodlands inquiry.
- Watch Parliament TV: Tree planting and woodlands
- Inquiry: Tree planting and woodlands
- Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
Purpose of the session
The session will explore existing targets for tree planting and woodland creation, as well as the financial incentives and forestry approval processes involved with increasing tree numbers in England. MPs will also scrutinise what meeting the targets will mean in terms of the requirements for labour, skills and training; the forestry industry; managing existing woodland; as well as urban woodland and street trees.
Tuesday 15 June
- Caroline Ayres, England National Manager for Confor,
- Brian Fraser, Horticultural Trades Association, Board Member and Member of Tree & Hedging Group,
- Hamish Macleod, Public Affairs Advisor at BSW Timber Group.
At approx 3.30pm:
- Shireen Chambers, Executive & Technical Director at the Institute of Chartered Foresters,
- David Sutherland, Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning & Transport,
- Jen Turner, Development Manager at the Royal Forestry Society.
Image: Parliamentary copyright