How is Defra engaging with farmers? MPs scrutinise new ELM scheme
20 May 2021
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee is to hold its second oral evidence session as part of its inquiry into Environmental Land Management and the Agricultural Transition.
Purpose of the session
In this session, MPs will hear both from groups with a focus on environmental farming, and organisations in the farming advisory sector. Topics will include exploration of Defra’s engagement with farmers and the role of farming advice in facilitating the agricultural transition, whether the transition timescale from direct payments to ELM is feasible, and the new Sustainable Farming Incentive (SFI).
Tuesday 25 May
- Martin Lines, UK Chair, Nature Friendly Farming Network,
- Ian Davis, Spokesperson, Farming Forum Grassroots Group,
- Vicki Hird, Head of Sustainable Farming, Sustain.
Panel two, at approx 3.30pm:
- Jeremy Moody, Secretary and Adviser, Central Association for Agricultural Valuers,
- Caroline Drummond, Chief Executive, LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming),
- Jenny Phelps, Senior Farm Conservation Adviser, Farming and Wildlife Advisory Group South West.
Image: Creative Commons