How has Brexit affected moving horses and pets in and out of the UK?
13 May 2021
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee will hold the second evidence session of its inquiry into moving animals across borders.
- Watch the session on Parliament Live TV
- Inquiry: Moving animals across borders
- Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
Tuesday 18 May
- Jan Rogers, Director of Research and Policy, The Horse Trust
- Ross Hamilton, Head of Public Affairs, British Horseracing Authority
- Roly Owers, Chief Executive, World Horse Welfare
- Paula Boyden BVetMed MRCVS, Veterinary Director, Dogs Trust
- Maggie Roberts, Director of Veterinary Services, Cats Protection
- David Bowles, Head of Public Affairs and Campaigns, RSPCA
Purpose of the session
This session will investigate how the movement of horses and pets in and out of the UK has been affected by the end of the transition period, including movement to Northern Ireland.
In the first panel, MPs will focus on the impact of EU exit on both professional and non-professional horse owners and equestrian sports, while the second panel will consider the movement of pets, including how to tackle pet smuggling.