Committee to hold first evidence session into COVID-19 and food supply
29 April 2020
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (EFRA) Select Committee is to hold its first public evidence session as part of its inquiry into COVID-19 and food supply.
- Watch the session on Parliament TV
- Inquiry: COVID-19 and food supply
- Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
Purpose of the session
The session will focus on the impact of the closure of restaurants and foodservice businesses on food suppliers, how farmers and growers will find the seasonal labour they need this year, Government support for different sectors and the international trade impacts of the global pandemic.
Tuesday 5 May 2020
- Minette Batters, President, National Farmers' Union
- Tom Hind, Chief Strategy Officer, Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board
- Jack Ward, Chief Executive Officer, British Growers Association