Secretary of State questioned on licences for controlling wild birds
28 June 2019
The Secretary of State has taken responsibility for this matter after Natural England revoked the previous general licences in April. The Committee heard from Natural England on 21 May and a number of points were raised to follow up with Defra.
- Watch Parliamentary TV: General Licences for controlling wild birds
- Inquiry: General Licences for controlling wild birds
- Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
This session was originally scheduled for 11 June but was postponed at the Secretary of State's request.
Tuesday 2 July, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Michael Gove MP, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Defra
- Dr Alexandra Cran-McGreehin, Deputy Director, Wildlife Policy, Defra
Image: Parliamentary copyright