Defra ministers give evidence on department's performance
15 October 2015
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee will hold the final evidence session on the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affair's performance in 2014-15 on Wednesday 21 October.
- Parliament TV: Defra's performance in 2014-15
- Inquiry: Defra's performance in 2014-15
- Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
- Rt Hon Elizabeth Truss MP, Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- George Eustice, Minister of State for Farming, Food and the Marine Environment, Defra
- Rory Stewart, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Environment, and Rural Affairs, Defra
- Lord Gardiner of Kimble, Lords Spokesman, Defra
The meeting will take place in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
Purpose of session
The Committee's evidence session with Rt Hon Elizabeth Truss MP, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, her ministerial team, will examine the Department's priorities for this Parliament and its performance in 2014-15. Scrutinising Defra's Annual Report and Accounts, MPs will assess the Department's success in delivering on its key priorities for the rural and farming economy and for the environment as well as protection from natural hazards such as floods and animal diseases.
Image: Parliamentary copyright