More powers for local authorities for short-term lets, says Committee
18 December 2022
The Built Environment Committee has today published a letter to the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, Michael Gove MP, on short-term lettings.
- Letter from Lord Moylan to Rt Hon. Michael Gove MP, Secretary of State, Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, 16 December
- Inquiry: Short-term lettings
- Built Environment Committee
In light of the Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill which creates a power to establish a registration scheme for short-term lettings, the committee calls for:
- local authorities to be able to require registration of short-term lettings in their areas;
- local authorities to be given power to require planning permission for new short-term lettings in their area;
- short-term lettings online platforms to be more transparent in publishing data.