Committee continues scrutiny of the Armed Forces Bill
9 March 2021
The Select Committee on the Armed Forces Bill holds two evidence sessions this week, on Wednesday and Thursday.
Wednesday 10 March Witnesses
- Cllr Ian Hudspeth, Chair, Community Wellbeing Board, Local Government Association
- Mike Callaghan, National Policy Manager, Convention of Scottish Local Authorities
- Cllr Maureen Webber, Community Safety Spokesperson, Welsh Local Government Association
- Michael King, Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
This session examines the Armed Forces Covenant provisions of the Armed Forces Bill.
Thursday 11 March Witnesses
- His Honour Shaun Lyons CBE
- Professor Sir Jon Murphy, Professor of Advanced Policing Studies, Liverpool John Moores University
- His Honour Jeff Blackett, former Judge Advocate General
- His Honour Judge Alan Large, Judge Advocate General
- Jonathan Rees QC, Director of Service Prosecutions
This session hears from those closely involved with the Service Justice System review and the heads of the Service Prosecution Authority and judiciary, focusing on the Service Justice System provisions of the Armed Forces Bill.
Image: Crown copyright/MoD