Former US trade negotiator gives evidence on possible FTA
15 July 2020
The International Agreements Sub-Committee continues taking evidence on the UK–US trade negotiations. This session focuses on US prioritises for a possible free trade agreement.
- Parliament TV: UK–US trade negotiations
- Inquiry: UK–US trade negotiations
- International Agreements Sub-Committee
Thursday 16 July, remote meeting
- Marjorie Chorlins, former US trade negotiator and Senior Vice President of European Affairs at the US Chamber of Commerce.
Topics for discussion
- US business objectives
- Effect of the US presidential election
- Congressional oversight
- Effect of a UK–EU deal
- Digital trade, copyright and 'safe harbour'
- Investor-state dispute settlement provisions