City Minister questioned on the UK-EU negotiations on financial services
26 June 2020
The EU Services Sub-Committee hears evidence from John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury and City Minister, on the UK-EU negotiations on financial services. This will also be a follow-up to the EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee's inquiry on ‘Financial services after Brexit'.
- Parliament TV: Financial services after Brexit
- Government response: Financial services after Brexit, 27 May 2020
- Letter: Financial services after Brexit, 27 March 2020
- Inquiry: Financial Services after Brexit
- EU Services Sub-Committee
Wednesday 2 July 2020 at 10.00am
- John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury and City Minister, HM Treasury
- Katharine Braddick, Director General to Financial Services, HM Treasury
- What progress has been made in completing the UK-EU equivalence assessments?
- When will the equivalence decisions be published? Could these be affected by the broader UK-EU negotiations?
- What form of UK-EU regulatory cooperation on financial services should there be?How will the Government's plans to change certain financial services rules affect the negotiations?