Legal services questioned on the future UK-EU relationship
9 June 2020
The EU Services Sub-Committee hears evidence from legal services on the future UK-EU relationship on professional and business services after Brexit.
- Parliament TV: the future UK-EU relationship on professional and business services
- Inquiry: the future UK-EU relationship on professional and business services
- EU Services Sub-Committee
Thursday 11 June 2020 at 10.00am
- Edward Braham, Senior Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Simon Davis, President, Law Society, and Partner, Clifford Chance
- Audley Sheppard QC, Chair of the Board, London Court of International Arbitration
- David Joseph QC, Vice Chair, Commercial Bar Association
- What are the main trade barriers that the UK legal sector would like to see addressed, as a matter of priority, in the future UK-EU relationship?
- How effective have existing EU trade deals such as the EU-Canada Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) been in supporting trade in legal services?
- How important are arrangements on the mutual recognition of professional qualifications for UK legal practitioners? What is your assessment of the Government's proposals on the mutual recognition of qualifications?