Automotive and aerospace sectors questioned on non-tariff barriers to UK-EU trade
11 June 2020
The House of Lords EU Goods Sub-Committee hears evidence from the automotive and aerospace sectors on how to facilitate future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods.
- Parliament TV: Beyond tariffs: facilitating future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods
- Call for evidence: Beyond tariffs: facilitating future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods
- Inquiry: Beyond tariffs: facilitating future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods
- EU Goods Sub-Committee
Monday 15 June 2020 at 10.30am, the Committee will hear from:
- Helen Foord, Head of Government Relations and Public Policy, Groupe PSA UK
- Jill Adamson, Head of Financial Reporting and Tax, Alexander Dennis
- Simon Brimble, Vice-President, Global Purchasing Supply Chain Management, Delphi Technologies
- Paul Everitt, Chief Executive Officer, ADS
Areas of interest
Possible questions that may be asked by the Committee include:
- How important are the UK-EU negotiations on rules of origin for your businesses? What would you like to see in the final agreement?
- What specific regulatory provisions would you like to see in the UK-EU trade agreement? How important is the mutual recognition of conformity assessments?
- Do you have concerns about the introduction of new UK-EU customs checks at the end of the transition period? What types of customs facilitations would you like to see?
- Are there any unilateral measures that the UK could take to reduce non-tariff barriers to UK-EU trade? How effective would these be?