Small businesses questioned on facilitating future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods
7 July 2020
The House of Lords EU Goods Sub-Committee hears evidence from small businesses on how to facilitate UK-EU trade beyond tariffs.
- Parliament TV: “Beyond tariffs: facilitating future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods
- Call for evidence: “Beyond tariffs: facilitating future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods”
- Inquiry: “Beyond tariffs: facilitating future UK-EU trade in manufactured goods”
- EU Goods Sub-Committee
Thursday 9 July 2020 at 11:00am
- Margaret Wood MBE, Chairman, ICW
- Barry Leahey MBE, Managing Director, Playdale Playgrounds
- Jayne Moorby, Marketing Manager, Oxley Group
Areas of interest
Possible questions that may be asked by the Committee include:
- What are the main non-tariff challenges that could affect your businesses from January 2021?
- How prepared are you for the end of the transition period? What level of UK-EU cooperation on regulatory standards and certification would you like to see?
- How will the customs procedures from January 2021 affect your businesses, and how could their impact be mitigated?
- What impact would a ‘no trade deal' outcome have on your businesses?